A foreign national or alien entering the U.S. is generally required to present a passport and valid visa issued by a U.S. Consular Official, unless they are coming from a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, or are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a citizen of Canada. To obtain a list of countries eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, and learn about visa requirements please reference the Department of State website.

Should you need a "Letter of Invitation" to obtain a visa, please send an email request with a copy of your registration information after registration becomes available to and specify "Invitation letter request" in the subject line.

Visa Waiver Program
International visitors to the U.S. from Visa Waiver Program countries (most European countries, Australia, Japan) are required to apply for travel authorization online. Please visit the Electronic System for Travel Authorization website.

The conference is open to all scientists regardless of nationality and citizenship. Should you experience any visa related problem please contact Prof. Peter Saulson of Syracuse University and use "GR21: VISA problem" as subject in your email. Prof. Saulson will contact the International Visitors Office of the US National Academies on your behalf.